Spiritual Preparation, Session 15: Working Together to Make a Difference
In "World of Wonder," a Tapestry of Faith program
Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for several minutes, perhaps repeating a word or phrase to separate yourself from the activities of the day. Read the quote from Wangari Maathai:
It's the little things citizens do. That's what will make the difference. My little thing is planting trees... We can work together for a better world with men and women of goodwill, those who radiate the intrinsic goodness of humankind. — Wangari Maathai, 2004 Nobel Peace Prize winner and founder of the Greenbelt Movement
- What is "your little thing?"
- How do you encourage others to work with you? How could you do this more?
- Do you know someone who "radiates the intrinsic goodness of humankind?" What is it like to work with someone like that?
- Has there been a time in your life when you were the person "radiating?"
- Consider the children in the World of Wonder group. How do we nurture each of them to be someone who radiates goodness?
Allow your own sense of reverence, wonder, and awe to be present as you lead this session.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, May 17, 2013.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Handouts
- List of Stories
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)