Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- World of Wonder mural from Session 1
- Handprint Garden mural from Activity 5, and tape
- Closing song lyrics from Session 1
- Taking It Home
Preparation for Activity
- Download and adapt the Taking It Home section and copy as a handout for all participants (you may wish to email to parents as well).
- Post the World of Wonder mural.
- Display the lyrics to the closing song "We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands."
Description of Activity
Gather in a circle by the World of Wonder mural. Say in these words or your own:
Today we talked about the importance of working together cooperatively to care for the earth. Unitarian Universalists believe that all people and animals and plants are part of an invisible web of life, like our World of Wonder mural. Each time we meet we add something new to our mural, but today we worked cooperatively to create this mural, which we'll hang next to the other one.
Display the Handprint Garden mural adjacent to the World of Wonder mural.
Point to the lyrics to the closing song "We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands."
Invite the Song Leader to start the song with accompanying hand motions. Participants can help each other remember hand motions or can create new ones.
Distribute Taking It Home. Thank the children for participating and invite them to return next time.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.