Closing (5 minutes), Session 12: Beauty in Nature
In "World of Wonder," a Tapestry of Faith program
Materials for Activity
- World of Wonder Mural from Session 1
- Leader Resource 1, Mural Image — Lismer Painting, and tape
- Closing song lyrics from Session 1
- Taking It Home
Preparation for Activity
- Print Leader Resource 1, Mural Image — Lismer Painting, preferably in color.
- Download and adapt the Taking It Home section and copy for all participants (you may wish to email to parents as well)
- Post the World of Wonder mural
- Display the newsprint with lyrics to the Closing song, "We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands."
Description of Activity
Gather in a circle by the World of Wonder mural. Say in these words or your own:
Today we thought about how wonderful it is that the Earth provides so many things we find beautiful. Beautiful sights, beautiful sounds, beautiful fragrances. Unitarian Universalists believe that that all people and animals and plants are part of an invisible web of life, like the web on our mural. Each time we meet we add something new to our World of Wonder mural. Today we add a picture painted by Arthur Lismer, to remind us how important beauty is in the web of life.
Attach the picture to the mural.
Indicate the lyrics to the closing song "We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands." Invite the Song Leader to start the song with accompanying hand motions. Participants can help each other remember hand motions or can create new ones.
Distribute Taking It Home. Thank the children for participating and invite them to return next time.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Friday, May 17, 2013.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Handouts
- List of Stories
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)