Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- World of Wonder Mural from Session 1
- Leader Resource 2, Mural Image - Dolphins, and tape
- Closing song lyrics from Session 1
- Taking It Home
Preparation for Activity
- Print Leader Resource 2, Mural Image - Dolphins, preferably in color.
- Download and adapt the Taking It Home section and copy for all participants (you may wish to email to parents as well).
- Post the World of Wonder mural.
- Display the lyrics to the Closing song, "We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands."
Description of Activity
Gather in a circle by the World of Wonder mural. Say in these words or your own:
Today we learned about kindness, which means caring when another person or living being is hurting and trying to help them feel better. Unitarian Universalists believe all people and animals and plants are part of an invisible web of life, like the web on our mural. Each time we meet we add something new to the World of Wonder mural. Today we add a picture of dolphins, like the ones we learned took actions to save people. The dolphins will remind us how important kindness is in the web of life.
Attach the picture to the mural.
Indicate the lyrics to the closing song "We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands."
Invite the Song Leader to start the song with accompanying hand motions. Participants can help each other remember hand motions or can create new ones.
Distribute Taking It Home. Thank the children for participating and invite them to return next time.