Activity 4: Paper Geckos
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Construction paper, several colors
- Glue sticks
- Scissors, including left-handed pairs
- Handout 1, Paper Gecko Template, or draw your own gecko
- Optional: Crayons or markers
- Optional: “Googly eyes”
Preparation for Activity
- Decide whether to pre-cut construction paper squares or have children do the cutting.
- Make copies of the gecko template, one for each participant and some extras.
Description of Activity
The children will make their own paper gecko to remind them of the interdependence of the gecko on seemingly unrelated things.
Give each participant a copy of Handout 1, Paper Gecko Template. Have each child cut squares of different colors of construction paper and glue onto the template (or use pre-cut squares). Have extra gecko templates available for those children who wish to color the gecko. Use the eyes found on the template or have “googly eyes” available to glue onto the gecko.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.