Activity 6: Window/Mirror Panel
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- List or display of ways to write, say and gesture "welcome" (see Activity 5, Way to Communicate a Welcome)
- All participants' Window/Mirror Panels
- Optional: Blank paper or card stock, cut to a size that can be placed within Window/Mirror Panels
- Optional: Paint and paintbrushes, pastels or other art media
- Basket(s) of Window/Mirror Panel materials:
- Sheets of Mylar(R) in several colors, shiny gift wrap, aluminum foil and other reflective paper
- Sheets of plain or construction paper
- Scraps of fabric
- Color markers (permanent markers work best on Mylar)
- Glue sticks, tape (including double-sided tape) and scissors (including left-hand scissors)
- Optional: Stick-on sequins, a hole-puncher, yarn, ribbon and a variety of magazines to cut up
Preparation for Activity
- Consider the size of participants' Window/Mirror Panels and the number of projects each panel will include (i.e., number of sessions you plan to lead). You may wish to cut blank paper or card stock in a specific size/shape for this assignment.
- Make sure children have access to the list or display of "welcomes" you handed out or posted for Activity 5.
Description of Activity
Ask the children to bring their Window/Mirror Panels to worktables. Distribute Window/Mirror panel basket(s) and other materials, such as special paper cut to a certain size.
Invite children to add signs to their Window/Mirror Panels that welcome people in one or more different languages.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.