Activity 3: Story - The Day of Pentecost
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story "The Day of Pentecost"
- A bell, chime, rain stick or other musical noisemaker
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story in advance.
Description of Activity
Tell the group you will now share another story about communication. Ring the chime, make eye contact with each participant and read or tell the story.
Sound the chime again at the end. Then, lead a discussion about what it means to share language. You might ask:
- What other spoken languages are you aware of in your family, neighborhood, school, congregation and community?
- How easy is it for you to understand those other languages?
- What does it feel like when you are able to understand someone even if they do not speak the same language as you?
Because this is the second story they will have heard, children may seem "talked out." If it is difficult to spark discussion, move to the next activity, Game - Let's Talk and Listen. You can return to these discussion questions when you process the game with the group.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.