Spiritual Preparation, Session 4: Building A Community Of Forgiveness
In "Windows and Mirrors," a Tapestry of Faith program
Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Make yourself comfortable and light a candle to mark the time as different from other activities. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for about five minutes; perhaps repeat a word or phrase to separate you from the activities of the day. After opening your eyes, consider:
- When or to whom have you had a difficult time offering forgiveness?
- How does this affect your life?
- How do you perceive the children in the group feel or think about breaking the rules and seeking forgiveness? How might they understand this session?
- What models of forgiveness do children see among the adults in the congregation? Are these useful models or negative models?
- What are your expectations for this session? What do you hope is created at its conclusion? What difference do you hope it makes?
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources