Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers and tape
- Taking It Home handout
- Optional: A copy of Session 1, Leader Resource 2, Namaste
Preparation for Activity
- Identify a place for participants to store their Window/Mirror Panels between sessions. Keep in mind, there may be times the panels are not entirely dry when the session ends.
- Write the closing words on newsprint, and post.
- Download and adapt the Taking It Home section and copy as a handout for all participants (or, email to parents).
- Review the leader resource so you can briefly explain the origin and meaning of Namaste and demonstrate the accompanying gesture.
Description of Activity
Explain that the session is almost over and we will now work together as a community to clean the meeting space. Ask everyone to first clean up their own area and the materials they were using, then clean another area or help someone else. No one should sit in the circle until the meeting space is clean.
Then bring the group back to the circle. Ask them to think about what happened today that was good or what they wish had gone better. If you are running short of time you can ask them for a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" on the session.
Invite each participant to say, in a word or sentence, why it is important for them to be a part of this faith community. You may go around the circle for responses, allowing individuals to speak or pass.
Then ask everyone to hold hands and say together:
Stand firm in your faith;
Be courageous and strong;
Let all that you do be done in love. - 1 Corinthians 16
If this is the first time the group is using "namaste," briefly explain its origin and meaning. Then, lead the group in the word and bowing gesture. Or, substitute "thank you." Invite each participant to bow their head to the individuals on either side and then bow to the center of the circle and say "thank you" together.
Distribute the Taking It Home handout you have prepared. Thank and dismiss participants.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.