You Are Here
Leader Reflection and Planning
Evaluate with your co-leader(s) first. Then share your evaluation with others working with the group. You might find it helpful to consider these questions in a face-to-face meeting or via email:
- How did the timing go today? What might we do to make it work better?
- What worked well? What didn't?
- Were new children effectively integrated into the group? How can we do this better?
- When you think about today's session, what connections did you make to the children? What connections did children make among themselves? When was that evident?
- What connections did children make with the activities and/or the central ideas? How could you tell that was occurring?
- Were there any behavior issues? If so, how can we address them in the future? Do we need more information or help in this area?
- Do we need to follow up on anything with a parent or the religious educator?
- When spiritually preparing for the session, you identified your own expectations for the session. How were they met or unmet?
If you identify ways the session failed to meet expectations, take time to explore some alternate approaches. Ask your religious educator for guidance, as needed.