Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers and tape
- Taking It Home handout
- Optional: A copy of Session 1, Leader Resource 2, Namaste
Preparation for Activity
- Identify a place where participants can store their Window/Mirror Panels between sessions. Note: There may be times when panels are not be completely dry when it is time to put them away.
- Write the closing words on newsprint and post.
- Download and adapt the Taking It Home section and copy as a handout for all participants (or, email to parents).
- If you plan to use "namaste" as a goodbye, review the leader resource so you can demonstrate the gesture and briefly explain its origin and meaning.
Description of Activity
Explain that the session is almost over and that now we will work together as community to clean the meeting space. First, everyone should clean up their own area, put away materials they were using, and store their Window/Mirror panel in the spot you have designated. Then they should clean another area or help someone else. No one should sit in the circle until the space is clean.
Bring the group back to the circle. Ask them to think about what happened today that was good or what they wish had gone better. If you are running short of time you can ask them for a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" on the session.
Invite participants to say, in a word or sentence, why it is important for each of them to be a part of this faith community. You may go around the circle for responses, allowing individuals to speak or "pass."
Ask all to hold hands and say the closing words together:
Stand firm in your faith;
Be courageous and strong;
Let all that you do be done in love. - 1 Corinthians 16
If this is the first time the group is using "namaste," briefly explain its origin and meaning. Then, lead the group in the word and bowing gesture. Or, you may substitute "thank you." Invite each participant to bow their head to the individuals on either side and then bow to the center of the circle and say "thank you" together.
Distribute the Taking It Home handout you have prepared. Thank and dismiss participants.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.