Activity 4: Singing "Peace, Selam, Shalom"
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Optional: Newsprint, markers and tape
- Optional: Recording of "Peace, Selam, Shalom" and appropriate music player
- Optional: Percussion instruments for all participants
Preparation for Activity
- If you do not know the song,"Peace, Selam, Shalom," listen to a recording and prepare to teach and lead it.
- Optional: Write the words "peace, selam, shalom" on newsprint and post.
- Optional: Gather simple percussion instruments for the children.
Description of Activity
Gather the children in a circle to sing together. Tell them that Arabic- and Hebrew-speaking people use the words "selam" and "shalom," which mean peace, as a greeting of welcome. Teach the song and sing it a few times.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.