Activity 2: Story - The Very Short Rule
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story, The Very Short Rule
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story. If you can, prepare to tell it, rather than read it from the page.
Description of Activity
Invite the children to get comfortable for listening to a story. Read or tell the story.
After the story, help children explore the frustration of the people who wanted to be good, but found it difficult with so many rules to follow and so much work to do just to survive. Some questions for discussion include:
- What were some of the difficulties people had in following the rules?
- Is it hard for you to remember many rules?
- If you could be kind all the time, what would you be like? What would a typical day be like? What kinds of things would you do?
- What would it be like if everyone was kind to you all the time?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.