Activity 2: Story - A Barn-raising In The City
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Copy of the story, A Barn-raising in the City
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story and prepare to tell it or read it aloud to the group.
Description of Activity
Gather the children in a circle. Read or tell the story. Guide the discussion with the following questions;
- Why do you think Amy was so excited that everyone was helping with the playground?
- Do you think the playground would have been possible if just one person wanted to build it by him/herself?
- In your home, or in your apartment building or neighborhood, have there been any times when the people got together to build something?