Be here now.
— Ram Dass (Richard Alpert)
This session introduces the intangible gift of ourselves. The children will learn that the best gift to give others is to be truly present to them. It is important to stress that the gift of themselves is not their physical selves, but the intangible positive qualities they can give through love and caring. Giving of themselves also does not mean giving away their possessions. When a friend is talking to them, the effort they make to be attentive is the intangible gift of themselves.
This session will:
- Introduce the intangible gift of being oneself, and demonstrate how to give this gift intentionally by being aware and present
- Make concrete the concepts of "being present" and "being aware"
- Demonstrate how the connections between being oneself, being aware of others, and being generous in spirit are naturally connected to one another
- Engage participants in the spiritual practices of opening and closing rituals.
- Understand that being themselves and paying attention to others around them are gifts they can offer
- Experience the importance and challenge of being centered in oneself, paying attention to others, and responding authentically.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.