Activity 6: Making A Chalice
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Small clay flower pots that come with detached saucers, for all participants
- Tea lights or LED/battery-operated candles for all participants
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Colorful markers
- Optional: Paint and paintbrushes
Preparation for Activity
- Enlist the help of an additional adult to manage the glue gun, keeping it away from the children.
- Lay newsprint on a table where chalices can dry during the Closing. Place tea lights or LED candles on this table.
Description of Activity
The children make their own chalices to take home the gift of spirit.
Give each child a flower pot and saucer. Show them how the saucer will sit on top of the upside-down flower pot to make a chalice. Tell them you will glue the pieces together after they decorate them.
Invite the children to use markers (or paint) to decorate the pots and the saucers and then bring the pieces to an adult to glue them. Set the completed chalices aside to dry.