Learning Objectives, Session 9: Spirit Of Life (Canteen)
In "Toolbox of Faith," a Tapestry of Faith program
- Explore the qualities of water through discussion and hands-on experiences
- Make a symbolic connection between the fluidity and pervasiveness of water and the fluidity and pervasiveness of the Spirit of Life
- Develop a personal sense of the Spirit of Life, by reaching into our Jewish and Christian heritage, our Unitarian Universalist love of reason, and our willingness to seek the divine in everything
- Reenact the water communion through visualization and emphasize how all water is connected, just as all things are connected by the Spirit of Life
- Learn the Unitarian Universalist hymn, "Spirit of Life"
- Focus on one of the sources of the Unitarian Universalist Living Tradition, "the direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life"
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Wednesday, October 26, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources