Activity 4: Singing "spirit Of Life"
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the Unitarian Universalist hymnbook, Singing the Living Tradition
- Optional: Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Review Hymn 123 in Singing the Living Tradition. If you are not comfortable teaching and leading the hymn, "Spirit of Life," you may wish to invite a guitar or piano player to accompany you or a musical volunteer to assist you. Or, plan to share the words with participants as a poem or a prayer.
- Optional: Write the words to the hymn on newsprint and post.
- Optional: Watch a video clip online to learn the arm and hand motions created by Penny Wollan-Kriel of Abraham Lincoln Unitarian Universalist Congregation in Springfield, Illinois, for the hymn, "Spirit of Life," on the website, The Great Story.
Description of Activity
Participants learn and sing the Unitarian Universalist hymn, "Spirit of Life."
Gather the group in a circle. Teach and lead hymn #123 "Spirit of Life." If you wish, teach the arm and hand motions, as well.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.