Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Candles and matches or lighter
- Mirrors and other reflective items such as prisms, metal sculpture, glitter
- Pieces of aluminum foil, shiny paper, pencils, and permanent markers for participants to share
- Quiet music CD or tape, and player
- Optional: Clear candleholders for placing candles in
- Optional: Drapes for covering windows, as needed, to darken the room
Preparation for Activity
- Make a reflective display in the Council Circle space. Try creating a centerpiece with mirrors (or other reflective items such as prisms, metal or glitter). Candles in clear candleholders will create extra reflection.
- Set out foil, paper, pencils, and markers in the Council Circle space.
- Darken the room, using drapes if needed. Light some candles and put on quiet music.
Description of Activity
Use this time to help participants find a space that feels reflective and begin to identify internal reflection.
Welcome participants quietly as they arrive. Encourage them to find a comfortable place to sit in the Council Circle space. Invite participants to draw on the foil or paper, and/or use the foil as an art medium. Call their attention to the glimmers from the foil as it reflects the candlelight.
For more information contact email@example.com.