Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Flashlights or a single lamp
- Optional: Window covering to help darken the room
- Optional: Large blanket or tarp and a table to drape it over, to create a darkened space for flashlight play
Preparation for Activity
- Darken the room to create a mood of intrigue when participants enter. Set out flashlights or light a single reading lamp for children to use to cast hand shadows on the wall.
- Optional: Drape a blanket or tarp over a table to create a darkened space for flashlight exploration.
Description of Activity
Welcome participants. Invite the children to try out making shadows with the flashlights or lamplight. Allow participants a few minutes to play around before gathering them together.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.