Leader Reflection and Planning, Session 16: Working Together
In "Moral Tales," a Tapestry of Faith program
Take a few minutes to evaluate the session with your co-leader immediately afterward, while it is fresh. If this is the final session, you may wish to write some suggestions to future leaders of Moral Tales and/or leaders who will work next with this group of children. Make note of any particular activities and approaches you found most /least effective with this particular group and any information about group dynamics that may be helpful to them.
You might find it helpful to consider these questions:
- Which activities worked well? What didn't work so well?
- Were all children actively engaged? If not, who wasn't and why might that have been? How could he/she be better included next time?
- How well did the activities match the learning styles of these children? What could we do differently to better accommodate for learning styles in future sessions?
- How well did the session balance physically active with sedentary activities?
- How was the timing? What might need to be done differently for a session to work better within our timeframe?
- Were there any behavior issues? If so, how can we address them in the future? Do we need more information or help in this area?
- What connections did children make with the activities and/or central ideas? How did we know that was occurring?
- What connections did children make with each other? What connections did we make with the children? When was that most evident?
- Are we successfully creating a program characterized by inclusion, diversity appreciation, respect, noncompetitive environment, and welcome? What could we have done differently?
- What questions or issues arose in this session that we might like to discuss with our director of religious education?
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Leader Resources
- List of Handouts