Spiritual Preparation, Session 9: The Power to Shine
In "Sing to the Power," a Tapestry of Faith program
Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for several minutes, perhaps repeating a word or phrase to separate yourself from the activities of the day. When you feel settled and relaxed, consider:
- Have you ever been bullied? How did it feel?
- When have you engaged in direct action for justice? How did it feel? Does "shining your fire power" work as a metaphor for what you did?
- Has someone ever acted in support of you, when you were faced with injustice? How did that feel?
- Have you ever given advice or comfort to someone who was bulled? What did you say?
- When have you felt compelled to say "no," to not go along with something you felt was wrong? How comfortable were you making your "no" visible or active?
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Tuesday, August 21, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)