Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for several minutes, perhaps repeating a word or phrase to separate yourself from the activities of the day. When you feel settled and relaxed, consider:
- What sounds can you hear where you are sitting? How many are human-made and how many are from nature?
- What kinds of media play in your household and how often? How much of a presence is the television, computer, video games, music devices, etc.?
- What environments feel restful to you?
- What environments promote your best work?
- What strategies do you have for finding peace and quiet in your life?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.