Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for several minutes, perhaps repeating a word or phrase to separate yourself from the activities of the day. When you feel settled and relaxed, consider:
- Can you think of a time when someone's silent presence has made a difference in your life?
- Can you think of a time when your own silent presence has made a difference?
- What does it feel like when someone is truly present to you?
- What does it look like when someone is fully present to you? What do they do/not do?
- How completely present are you to your children? Spouse/partner? Friends? Co-workers? People you disagree with?
- In what situations do you aspire to be more fully present to others?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.