Spiritual Preparation, Session 4: The Power of Place
In "Sing to the Power," a Tapestry of Faith program
Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for several minutes, perhaps repeating a word or phrase to separate yourself from the activities of the day. When you feel settled and relaxed, consider:
- How does your connection to where you live sustain you?
- What do you have to offer the world that springs from your particular location?
- Have you spent time in an unfamiliar culture? What did you learn from the experience?
- What factors make it difficult for you to listen to others? What factors make it easy?
- What factors make it difficult for you to speak to others? What factors make it easy?
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Monday, August 20, 2012.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources
- Entire Program
- Entire Program (Paper-Saving Version)