You Are Here
Activity 5: "It's the Little Things" Posters
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint from Activity 3, Water Conservation Brainstorm
- Poster board, color markers, and tape or push-pins for display
- Optional: Sticky notes and pens
Preparation for Activity
- Post the newsprint where all can see it.
- Arrange for posters to be displayed in the congregation
- Optional: provide sticky notes and pens for congregants to add to the posters
Description of Activity
Remind participants of the quote from Wangari Maathai at the end of the story:
It's the little things citizens do. That's what will make the difference. My little thing is planting trees.
Invite participants to create posters with water conservation actions to display in the congregation. Have them work collaboratively in small groups. Some volunteers might copy the quote at the top of their poster and then write several "little things" people can do, from the brainstorm newsprint. Other children can provide illustrations.
Optional: Invite congregants to share their ideas by asking, "What's Your Little Thing?" Provide sticky notes near the display so that congregants can add to the posters and share the tips in the congregation's newsletter.
Display the posters where the congregation can view them.