You Are Here
What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured. — Kurt Vonnegut
In this session, participants consider the importance of the communities to which they belong, especially their congregation. They discuss ways to support the congregation and other communities, and learn about the ritual for accepting new members into the congregation.
Activity 3, Find the Simorgh, is a game that is better in large spaces. If there is a space — outdoors or inside — you could use, reserve it and plan to include time to move into and out of the space.
This session will:
- Show that supporting communities to which you belong can be a sign of our faith
- Suggest ways to support communities, especially the congregation
- Identify community rituals.
- Understand the congregation as a community to which they belong
- Play a game about building community
- Create a new community ritual.