Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Taking It Home
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Optional: Stoles, including extras for visitors
Preparation for Activity
- Download and adapt Taking It Home and copy for all participants. And/or, plan to email Taking It Home to parents/caregivers after this session.
- Write the words for chalice extinguishing on newsprint and post.
Description of Activity
Optional: If children wear stoles for every Opening and Closing, distribute stoles and invite participants to put them on.
Distribute Taking It Home. Ask participants to share these fun activities with their parents and try them with family or friends.
Gather everyone in a circle around the chalice table. Say:
We end as we began: together.
May we remember to be UU not just when we are together here, but every day and in every way.
Invite the group to pass a blessing around the circle. Say you will each, in turn, address the person next to you by name and say "It is a blessing to remember together." Model by addressing the person on your left: "Patricia, it is a blessing to remember together."
When everyone has blessed a person next to them, extinguish the chalice together.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.