You Are Here
Activity time: 2 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Centering table
- A chime or bell
- Optional: Cloth for centering table
- Optional: Stoles, including extras for visitors
Preparation for Activity
- If the group has designed an Opening ritual in Session 9, set out the materials you need to lead it. If not, prepare to lead the Opening described here: Set a chalice table, a chalice, candle, and lighter or an LED battery-operated candle. Write the opening words on newsprint, and post.
- Optional: If children will wear stoles during the session, make sure you have extra stoles for visitors.
Description of Activity
Perform the Opening ritual designed by the group.
If a new Opening ritual was not designed, gather everyone in a circle around the chalice table, ask a volunteer to light the chalice, and recite together:
We gather together as Unitarian Universalists and members of the Signs of Our Faith community.
Together, we acknowledge our role as keepers of a UU legacy. We will continue to support each other in our faith journeys. As faithful leaders, we have the courage to live our faith every day.