Activity time: 2 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Centering table
- A chime or bell
- Optional: Cloth for centering table
- Optional: Stoles, including extras for visitors
Preparation for Activity
- If the group has designed an Opening ritual in Session 9, set out the materials you need to lead it. If not, prepare to lead the Opening described here: Set a chalice table, a chalice, candle, and lighter or an LED battery-operated candle. Write the opening words on newsprint, and post.
- Optional: If children will wear stoles during the session, make sure you have extra stoles for visitors.
Description of Activity
Perform the Opening ritual designed by the group.
If a new Opening ritual was not designed, gather everyone in a circle around the chalice table, ask a volunteer to light the chalice, and recite together:
We gather together as Unitarian Universalists and members of the Signs of Our Faith community.
Together, we acknowledge our role as keepers of a UU legacy. We will continue to support each other in our faith journeys. As faithful leaders, we have the courage to live our faith every day.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.