Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Chalice, candle and lighter or LED battery-operated candle
- Taking It Home
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Download the Taking It Home section, adapt it for your session, print it, and copy for all participants. Optional: Prepare to email Taking It Home to parents/caregivers after the session.
- Write the words for chalice extinguishing on newsprint, and post.
- Set the chalice on a centering table.
Description of Activity
Distribute Taking It Home. Tell participants that at the end of every session, they will receive these fun activities to share with their family or friends. Read a sample of the activities aloud.
Gather everyone in a circle around the chalice. Indicate the words for chalice extinguishing on newsprint and invite participants to read them together.
We end as we began-together.
May we remember to be UU not just when we are together here, but every day and in every way.
Extinguish the chalice together.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.