Alternate Activity 3: Challenge Question
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Optional: Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Optional: Write the challenge question on newsprint, and post.
Description of Activity
Challenge questions guide a deeper inquiry for especially thoughtful individuals and groups. For this session, ask:
Is nature fair?
Extend discussion with these additional questions:
- Do some creatures or plants in nature seem to get a better deal than others? Which ones? Is that fair?
- Does evolution seem like a fair process? The theory of evolution says the fittest animals and plants win out. The least fit die. Is that fair?
- Can you think of a better system? A way nature could be more fait and still be nature?
- Can a Unitarian Universalist action make nature more fair?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.