Alternate Activity 3: Challenge Question
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Optional: Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Optional: Write the challenge question on newsprint, and post.
- Optional: Browse the Internet and see what you find to share.
Description of Activity
Challenge questions guide a deeper inquiry for especially thoughtful individuals and groups. For this session, ask:
Is science a religion?
If you search for an answer on the Internet, you find people saying "yes" and others saying "no." But what do the youth think?
Lead a discussion. You might also ask:
- What is the difference between proof and belief?
- Can someone trust in their faith and at the same time trust in the scientific method?
- Can someone belong to two religions?
- Can scientific method be used to prove anything at all about a religion? Why or why not?
For more information contact email@example.com.