Activity 2: Story - Rachel Carson Shapes Tomorrow
Activity time: 8 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story "Rachel Carson Shapes Tomorrow"
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story and print it out.
Description of Activity
Tell the group they will hear a story about Rachel Carson, one famous woman who believed she could and should help save the world.
Read or tell the story. At its conclusion, ask youth:
- Does the story of Rachel Carson change your minds about anything they said in the previous activity?
- Is Rachel Carson's work still shaping tomorrow? How will it shape tomorrow's tomorrow?
- How might Rachel Carson have responded to today's Big Question ("Where are we going?") at the time she was writing Silent Spring? Even though you did not know Rachel Carson, do you think the work she did might have shaped some of your answers?
For more information contact email@example.com.