You Are Here
Alternate Activity 3: Challenge Question
Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Optional: Newsprint, markers and tape
Preparation for Activity
- Optional: Write the challenge question on newsprint, and post.
Description of Activity
Challenge questions guide a deeper inquiry for especially thoughtful individuals and groups. For this session, ask:
Is there value in asking big questions if we already know we might not ever find the answer?
Extend discussion with these additional questions:
- Would you rather have someone tell you an answer or work it out yourself?
- How are the acts of questioning and looking for an answer holy work/religious work?
- Is there value in asking big questions if we think we already know the answer?