New address: 24 Farnsworth Street, Boston, MA 02210-1409.
In "Riddle and Mystery," a Tapestry of Faith program
Have youth decorate real tee shirts using designs they made in Activity 4, WIT Time — Tee Shirt Design.
Distribute the designs youth have made. Invite any youth who have not created a design to do so now, and give them handouts and pencils/markers.
Explain the instructions:
1. Spread the tee shirt out, flat and wrinkle-free, on the work surface.
2. Place a few sheets of newspaper inside the tee shirt so fabric markers will not bleed through.
3. Tape down the edges of the shirt to keep the fabric tight and wrinkle-free.
4. If you wish, outline your design with black marker on a white paper that you put inside the tee shirt so you can see it through the cloth.
5. Use fabric markers to apply your design to the tee shirt. Work carefully. Draw slowly so the markers saturate the cloth.
6. Give the cloth plenty of time to dry.
For more information contact web @ uua.org.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations.
Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
Sidebar Content, Page Navigation
More Ways to Search
Donate to Support This Program and the Ongoing Work of the UUA
Read or subscribe to UUA.org Updates for the latest additions to our site.
Learn more about the Beliefs & Principles of Unitarian Universalism, or read our online magazine, UU World, for features on today's Unitarian Universalists. Visit an online UU church, or find a congregation near you.