Activity 1: Story - Henry Bergh
Activity time: 7 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story "Henry Bergh"
Preparation for Activity
- Read and print out the story.
Description of Activity
Read the story aloud. Then ask:
- Do you agree with Henry Bergh that people have a responsibility to treat animals well?
- Are animal rights as important as human rights? Is it okay for people to worry more about their connections with other people than they do about their connections with animals?
- Does the seventh UU Principle say enough about how humans should treat other species? Does it say anything at all? Should we have a new Principle that talks specifically about how to treat animals? If so, what should it say?
- Is the seventh Principle only talking about a human/animal connection? What about human/human? Is there a human/plant connection or a human/Earth or human/Universe connection?
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.