Activity 2: Story, Love Without Boundaries
Activity time: 20 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story "Love Without Boundaries"
- Beach towels or throw blankets
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story several times.
- Place the towels or blankets on the floor.
Description of Activity
Participants experience the story in a calm, fun way that emphasizes some story details.
Ask participants to sit on the blankets or towels. Ask if they have ever been to a family picnic. Explain that the story today is about different kinds of families at a picnic.
Read the story and process with these questions:
- Why did Ruben think his family wasn't a real family?
- Is there only one kind of family?
- Is it right to treat families differently?
- How can we treat all families fairly?
- What did you learn about families?
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.