Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." — C.S. Lewis, British novelist
This session explores how every friendship is surrounded in love. To make a friend is to discover ways we are alike. To meet new people and look first for how we are alike, rather than different, can be a challenge.
Whenever we are in relationship with others, we have an opportunity to affirm the inherent worth and dignity of each person and to better understand ourselves. Participants will play games, hear stories, and role play ways to surround others in love.
This session will:
- Engage participants with the first UU Principle, that each person is unique and valuable
- Identify the gift of new friends
- Expand the theme Love Surrounds Us to include those we do not know.
- Explore how we are all alike
- Connect with new friends in their immediate surroundings as well as the world
- Discover ways we show others they are important.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.