I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. — Maya Angelou, poet and author
In this session, children use positive words and actions as they learn and live our First Principle, affirming the inherent worth and dignity of every person. Participants will discover that these attitudes and actions are also taught in Jesus' Sermon on the Mount.
The Principles and the Sermon on the Mount give us ways to be in relationship with one another and the world. Both documents pass on a guide for living that is important for each child to have as they grow.
This session will:
- Introduce the first Principle, "We believe each and every person is important"
- Connect the first Principle to specific words and actions that are respectful
- Link first Principle to the Beatitudes from Christian scripture.
- Actively explore the song "Love Surrounds Me" in a circle game
- Experience respect for others in activities that appeal to several different learning styles
- Experience how our words and actions impact others.