Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Ribbon sticks or wrist ribbons in a container (Session 1, Opening)
- Chalice, candle, and lighter or LED/battery-operated candle
- A multicolored cloth to cover centering table
Preparation for Activity
- Arrange a small centering or worship table with multicolored cloth and chalice.
- Place ribbons sticks (or wrist ribbons) in the container by the door.
Description of Activity
Use this activity when children arrive individually-that is, straggle in-before the session begins. Welcome each child as they enter. Help them find a ribbon stick or wrist ribbon. Ask them to sit in the large group area and hold their ribbons carefully. Suggest they look at each color of ribbon and name it or turn to a friend and match the colors on their two ribbon sticks.
Including All Participants
Give a ribbon stick to any new child or visitor and write their name on it.
Provide wrist ribbons for children who are physically unable to wave a ribbon stick. Help attach wrist ribbons to wrists, legs, or fingers according to the mobility of the child.
For more information contact email@example.com.