Alternate Activity 1: Pipe-cleaner Peace Symbols
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Handout 1, Peace Symbol
- Pipe cleaners
Preparation for Activity
- Copy the handout for all participants.
- Place handouts and pipe cleaners at work tables.
Description of Activity
This activity engages participants a universally recognized symbol promoting a peaceful world.
Gather the children at the tables and invite them to look at their handouts. Ask if any recognize the symbols. You might say:
This is a symbol that many people would recognize to mean peace.
Invite the children to use one or more pipe cleaners to make the symbol. When they are finished, ask these questions.
- Why is it good to know that these symbols represent peace?
- How can knowing that others are working toward a peaceful world help us to work together towards fairness and freedom?
- I wonder if you can design your own symbol for the sixth Principle.
Including All Participants
This activity does not have a right or wrong result. Participants of all abilities should be able to complete this activity.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.