We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love. — Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Catholic nun and missionary
This first session makes kindergarteners and first graders aware of their capacity to "do small things with great love." They learn that they are each an instrument of love in the world as they get to know each other and discover the strength of the word "love" in this beloved community.
Love Surrounds Us connects the love inside the Unitarian Universalist Principles with the love children can find and create in their beloved communities. Through story, activities, and relationships, children come to understand how they are uniquely fashioned to feel loved, as well as to surround others with love.
This session will:
- Teach that we each bring love and receive love in this world
- Explore the word "love" as it applies to our beloved communities
- Experience the UU chalice as a symbol of love in relationship.
- Learn the theme song "Love Surrounds Me"
- Connect love to themselves and others
- Discover the strength of the word "love."
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.