Activity 3: Our Nature Story
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Construction paper for all participants
- Items from nature such as leaves, rocks, sticks, pine cones, etc.
- Markers, color pencils, and crayons
Preparation for Activity
- Place items on work table(s) where all the children will be able to see and touch them.
Description of Activity
Tell participants they will have a chance to imagine their own story in nature and tell their story in words, pictures, or a combination. Indicate the items you have brought and explain they are there to help participants hold a part of nature in their hands. They can imagine something about the piece they are holding, or make a story from something else they experience as awesome in nature. Invite participants to write and/or draw on construction paper.
When they are finished, invite participants to share their stories. Ask for volunteers; allow anyone to pass.
Process with these questions:
- What were some of the things you thought of?
- Did you have any surprising ideas?
- How do you understand our connection to nature?
Make the connection to the group that as Unitarian Universalists, we lift up our connection to nature and we respect the natural world and all that is in it.
For more information contact email@example.com.