Activity 1: Story - Craig Keilburger and Free the Children
Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story, "Craig Keilburger and Free the Children"
Preparation for Activity
- Read the story and prepare to share it with the group.
- Review the discussion questions and choose those you think will best help the children share their interpretations of the story and relate it to their own lives.
Description of Activity
Read or tell the story to the group.
Invite the group to be silent for a moment to think about the story.
Begin a discussion by asking the children to recap the story in their own words. What they recall indicates what they found most meaningful or memorable.
Lead a discussion with these questions:
- Many people imagine making a big difference in the world, but Craig Keilburger went all out to really do so. What do you think made that possible for him?
- How do you feel hearing Craig's story? Inspired? Overwhelmed? What parts of his story seem relevant to you, and things you have done or want to do?
- Of the people you know personally-your friends, family, teachers, other people you know-who do you think has made an especially big difference in the world? Why?
For more information contact email@example.com.