Alternate Activity 1: Make Beaded Bookmarks
Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Leader Resource 3, Beaded Bookmarks
- Colorful hemp cord, embroidery floss, or yarn
- Beads of a size appropriate to the thickness of your cord, floss, or yarn; wide, shallow containers to hold beads
- Sewing needles appropriate to the size of your cord or floss
- Books of different sizes to serve as measuring guides
- Optional: Glue
Preparation for Activity
- Read the instructions (Leader Resource 3), obtain the materials, and make a sample bookmark to show participants.
- Set out materials at work tables. Provide beads in shallow containers to keep them from rolling away and to facilitate sharing.
Description of Activity
Beaded bookmarks make excellent gifts to give congregational volunteers, and the children will be able to make them more quickly and easily than the straw loom bookmarks (Activity 3). If each child wants to give several gifts, the beaded bookmarks may be a better choice.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.