Faith In Action: Helping a Younger Religious Education Group
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Embroidery floss or hemp cord in a variety of colors, masking tape, and scissors
- Chairs, tables, or other sturdy objects to which strands can be taped
- Optional: Beads, shells, or other decorative items with small holes in them
Preparation for Activity
- With your religious educator, arrange for participants to visit another religious education group to show them how to create friendship bracelets. Confirm the plan, along with the date and time, with leaders of the other religious education group. If the activity will take place outside the regular religious education time, notify parents of both groups' participants about the date, time, and place.
- Select pairs of participants to visit the religious education group together.
Description of Activity
Our heritage of love feeds our living tradition, in which we continually make new meaning and pass our heritage on to others. One way participants can put their faith in action and actively share the heritage of love is to spend a time with a religious education group that includes younger participants. For example, they might assist with craft projects, games, or storytelling. For this Faith in Action project, arrange for participants to visit one or more other religious education groups, during their meeting times, to show them how to create friendship bracelets by braiding floss or cord (see Activity 3, Making Friendship Bracelets).
For more information contact email@example.com.