You Are Here
We are all dependent on one another, every soul of us on earth. — George Bernard Shaw
The Blake covenant closes with the assertion that part of our great covenant is "to help one another." In this session's story, a girl participates with Unitarian Universalists from across the Central Midwest District in No More Turning Away, a program to raise awareness about homelessness and assist homeless people in their local communities. Several experiential, cooperative activities explore what it means to help one another. Participants embody the "tied together" theme as they navigate a course while all tied to one another.
This session will:
- Explore the power of individuals and communities working together for the common good
- Promote participants' understanding of Unitarian Universalists as people who come together to make the world a better place
- Empower participants to think of themselves as capable of creating significant change when they work together with others.
- Share examples of how they embody their faith by helping others
- Learn how some Unitarian Universalist congregations worked together to raise awareness about homelessness and help homeless people
- Experience the power of collaboration through games.