Spiritual Preparation, Session 13: A Matter of Perspective
In "Love Connects Us," a Tapestry of Faith program
Find a place where you can be quiet with your thoughts. Close your eyes and breathe deeply for about five minutes, perhaps repeating a word or phrase to separate yourself from the activities of the day. When you feel settled and relaxed, think about how you perceived the world when you were a young child. What was your "lens" like then?
Now try to recall yourself at the same age as the children in the group:
- How did you perceive the world when you were their age?
- How have your ideas changed since then? What experiences have led you to change your viewpoint?
- When did you realize that individuals each have their own perspectives, their own understandings of life? How did you realize it?
- How are you able now to use your understanding of others' different lenses and perspectives?
- Can you always use this understanding? In what kinds of situations might you fail to remember that everyone has their own truth?
Keep these thoughts in your mind as you lead this session and help participants explore our individual searches for truth in love.
This work is made possible by the generosity of individual donors and congregations. Please consider making a donation today.
Last updated on Thursday, October 27, 2011.
- About the Authors
- Session 1
- Session 2
- Session 3
- Session 4
- Session 5
- Session 6
- Session 7
- Session 8
- Session 9
- Session 10
- Session 11
- Session 12
- Session 13
- Session 14
- Session 15
- Session 16
- List of Stories
- List of Handouts
- List of Leader Resources