Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Leader Resource 1, Optical Illusions
- Optional: Additional optical illusions and images that change with a different perspective
Preparation for Activity
- Print the images provided in Leader Resource 1. You may wish to make a few copies of each image, so all participants can take their time examining them.
- Post the images on the wall of your gathering space and/or display them on a work table
- Optional: Obtain more images of optical illusions to share with the group. Look, also, for images that appear different when the viewer shifts their perspective. Online, try 1, 2, 3 Optical Illusions, Optillusions, Skytopia, Cool Optical Illusions, and other websites. Most libraries have illustrated books of optical illusions. You can purchase Magic Eye books online.
Description of Activity
Encourage early arriving participants to take a look at the optical illusions. Invite them to discover how changing their perspective can reveal a different image in the pictures.
Including All Participants
If the group includes visually impaired participants, take the time to plan a tactile experience of "changing perspective." Obtain some objects which can seem different, depending on what part of them you touch. Invite all participants to examine the objects using only touch.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.