Welcoming and Entering
Activity time: 0 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Card stock in various colors
- Scissors, including left-handed scissors
- Hole punch
- String or yarn
- Optional: Markers
Preparation for Activity
- Draw a question mark on card stock and cut it out to make a template. Then, make a sample ornament: Trace the template on another piece of card stock, cut out the shape, punch a hole in the top, pass a piece of yarn through the hole, and secure the yarn with a knot so the question mark can be hung.
- You may wish to make a few question mark templates.
- Set out sample and materials on work tables.
Description of Activity
As participants arrive, invite them to make question mark ornaments. Tell the children that later they will hang the ornaments on the Rainbow Wall Hanging.
Including All Participants
If any participants have difficulty with small motor control, encourage them to choose a sheet of card stock and hold a template on it for another child to trace a question mark. Children who have trouble tracing and cutting may be able to decorate ornaments with markers. Make sure they leave room on the ornament to write.
Share, Print, or Explore
For more information contact email@example.com.